Google Analytics 4 (GA4): 7 Reasons Why You Should Use It
You’ve probably heard by now if you keep an eye on your website, web traffic, and stats that Google Analytics 4 will soon totally replace Google’s Universal Analytics (GA4). It’s significant since it represents an entirely new Google interface rather than just a software update.
First, let’s learn how Google Analytics works:
Google Analytics is a popular web analytics tool used by businesses to help them make better decisions based on user behaviour, website traffic and more. As one of the top web analytics vendors in the industry, Google collects data in order to deliver actionable insights about how your audience is interacting with your website.
Google Analytics helps you collect and analyse data about your website traffic with advanced segmentation and reporting capabilities. Google Analytics has a unique interface that can be easily adjusted to suit your needs. It offers analytics reports, webmaster tools, site maps and more.
Check out the top seven reasons why you should use GA4 right now and learn more about this new platform.
1. Start gathering historical data now with GA4 taking over automatically from Google Universal Analytics.
- Universal Analytics can be cumbersome and overwhelming, especially to new users trying to learn how to collect data. GA4 is built to cater to your individual business, which means you should be able to get the data you need to help you navigate and make the right data-decisions for your business quickly. We’re happy to report that your business will find GA4 easier to use and navigate once you make the switch.
2. Utilise GA4’s More Intuitive Interface
GA4 is a powerful analytics tool that’s built on Universal Analytics, but made clearer and easier to use. With more intuitive icon-based navigation, smart filtering options, and more customization options than ever before, you’ll be able to get the data you need to help you navigate your business effectively. And with a design that makes it easy for anyone in your team—even those with no previous experience using analytics software—to jump right in and start using GA4 today, it’s an ideal solution for any business looking for the insights they need to make decisions about growth or marketing so they can focus on their core business.
3. Say Goodbye to Cookies
- Google Analytics is a powerful tool for tracking user behaviour and performance. However, it does not consider itself a privacy-focused platform and still collects information about users via cookies. This creates issues with tracking users across devices and preventing Google Analytics from continuing to function properly over time.
- GA4 is a completely new, proprietary technology designed to solve the problems of cookies and trackers. Using machine learning and artificial intelligence, GA4 learns how users interact with your site without relying on cookies.This allows us to create more personalised experiences – making it easier to make changes while maintaining the same user experience.
4.Using Custom Reports, Expand Your Flexibility
- If you’re looking to improve the management and visibility of your data, Google Analytics offers many valuable reports and tools. Custom reports are encouraged by GA4 for your data.As your dashboard develops over time, you will be able to find more relevant data for your telecom business faster, so you can make more informed decisions at a moment’s notice.
- Custom reports allow you to take advantage of additional reporting options, such as traffic sources and costing. You can also use/create ad campaigns that have custom audiences, customise the feed and segmentation of your return on investment (ROI) data via cohorts and date ranges, create custom segmentations based on industry, geography or other criteria.
5. Comes with several new upgrades
- GA4 includes new funnel features which were not readily available in the previous version or were a paid extra.With GA4 funnels, you can visualise the steps your users take as they complete tasks on your site. The new interface and the streamlined features are designed to help you see what is working best so you can improve your user experience and get higher conversions.
- You know what it’s all about when you need to know how many people are shopping with you and where they are located. With Analytics based on Google Tag Manager (GTM), users can immediately see where they are in the funnel, so you can make changes as quickly as possible.
6. Invest in data-driven decision-making
- With the GA4 platform, you can now begin to make better data-driven decisions. GA4 makes it easier to manage your time and energy by focusing on user intent instead of last-click attribution, so it’s easier to measure the right KPIs that matter most.
- The new GA4 platform has you covered by moving away last-click attribution and focusing on attribution as the default model moving forward.
- Increase your consumer engagement by making better data-driven decisions in your marketing campaigns, website design and more. The new GA4 platform is built to help gain valuable insights from your data and make better decisions for your business.
7. Focus on privacy when collecting insights
- Privacy is one of the core reasons why many people are choosing to spend more time on their mobile devices. In a world where users are demanding more privacy and security, GA4 is focused on giving users more control over their data. In fact, GA4 was built with this in mind – because we prioritise user privacy over all other goals when developing our analytics platform.
- The new GA4 platform makes collecting insights a breeze with an intuitive interface, streamlined reporting and enhanced content recommendations. Best of all, it’s built on IP privacy standards for the most comprehensive data protection available today.
- We know that privacy means different things to different people. That’s why we built a customizable Privacy Portal in our new GA4 platform. Now you can shape the mood and text of any privacy page you create with over 200 colour choices and more than 10 font types. Add your own photos, videos, and artwork – even add text to be auto-expanded on-page. If a setting isn’t right for you, you can always change it later.
Uncertain about where to begin? Get in touch with Excelsior Consultancy Services to find out how GA4 might help your company.
Upgrading Google Universal Analytics to GA4 and getting a handle on the new version might seem like a daunting task. Excelsior Consultancy Services offers expert consulting with our in-house digital marketing team here to guide you through the process from start-to-finish.
If you need help with it, go no further than the internal digital marketing staff at Excelsior Consultancy Services. Our incredible team is available to guide clients in the data centre, network infrastructure, and telecom industries using GA4 and help you integrate it into your whole marketing strategy, which may also involve email marketing, digital advertising, and SEO. To find out more, contact our team right away.